Now Hiring: Studio Assistant (Posted July 29, 2022)
We are a super small print company in Oakland, California, hoping to find someone awesome to join our team! We’re looking for some help packing orders in our Oakland studio from 9am–12pm (or 9am–5pm) on weekdays, 3–5 days per week, or can work on weekends. A good fit for us would be someone who is a reliable team member, is incredibly organized, detail-oriented, can get things done, and cares about the people around them. We aim to cultivate a work environment that is supportive, respectful, and encouraging. We are a supportive and nurturing environment for all and we encourage BIPOC, nonbinary, and LGBTQIA applicants. We value everyone’s feedback and try our best to listen to each other. No two days are alike here, so it’s important that we all be able to jump in to help a team member or be able to work independently.
This job is physical, so you’ll need to be comfortable with gathering and packing orders, lifting and moving boxes up to 30 lbs, performing repetitive tasks, cleaning, and working with your hands. Must have reliable transportation to and from our Oakland studio.
PACKING & FULFILLING ORDERS
- Pack orders for shipment following our guidelines.
- We pack each order by hand with love and care, so orders must be neatly packed, clean, crisp, and beautiful to look at.
- Accurately read order forms & follow the systems in place to fill them.
- Inform us of low inventory, stock issues, order issues, etc, and keep an organized list of questions or needs to review with us daily.
STUDIO ORGANIZATION & PRODUCTION
- Maintain a tidy and meticulous workspace
- Help with miscellaneous tasks like packing or unpacking product, as needed
- Keep open lines of communication with the production & printing teams to ensure the process between receiving new orders & shipping them out is smooth & accurate.
- Complete production tasks as needed & in a timely fashion, such as assembling pins & socks with their packaging, folding card stock, & stamping prints. More advanced tasks include watercolor painting prints.
- Troubleshoot issues with Epson Artisan & Brother printers, reload inks, clean, & maintain general upkeep as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and be a valued member of our team!
- Please note, this position is NOT remote-capable.
- This is not a designer/artist position, although it is a lovely work environment for someone who appreciates art and design.
- Some relevant experience
- Recent references
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player, communicative, and upbeat
- Willing to work solo in the afternoon/evening or on weekends when the studio is quiet, and maintain COVID protocols (mask on at all times)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- We know that your time is worth more than we can offer. At the moment we are able to start people at $17 per hour.
- We do a contract trial period of 4 weeks—to make sure we all are a good fit. After which we will have a review to check in with each other.
- Benefits include PTO, the option of company health care, and an optional 401(k)
If you are interested in working with us, please send along a cover letter, resume & three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will begin reviewing applications for this position on August 10, and the position will remain open until a candidate is hired.
We really appreciate you taking the time to consider yourself for this position. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Amberly, Carissa, Leslie, Al, Vera, Mollie, Malaya, & Stephanie
People I’ve Loved is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage BIPOC, nonbinary, and LGBTQIA applicants. We offer a respectful and nurturing environment for all people and we know we can only be our best when the diversity we want to see nurtured in the world is reflected within our own studio walls.